The New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services recently published a reference guide entitled Be Smoke Free in New Jersey: Quit 2 Win that provides current research data from leading organizations, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This guide provides a succinct overview of more than 40 years of scientific research into the harm caused by smoking cigarettes. It covers healthcare costs, the immediate and long-term benefits of quitting smoking, and the resources available to help New Jersey smokers succeed in quitting.
For your convenience, you can choose to download the White Paper in its entirety or the specific chapter that interests you most.
- Executive Summary
- Smoking Harms Nearly Every Organ in the Body
- How Much Does Smoking Really Cost
- Smokers Reap Immediate Health Benefits By Quitting
- Why is it so Hard to Quit
- Smoking Cessation Counseling and Pharmacotherapies Do Work
- New Jersey Residents Quit 2 Win
|Are there “safer” cigarettes? Find out the truth to this and other myths about smoking by taking our quiz.||Let us know how this site and its resources helped you, and where we can improve.|